Friday, July 29, 2011

Progress?

We had another appointment this morning!  (Surprise surprise . . . appointments are definitely NOT in short supply these days!)  Up until now, we've seen no sign of progress.  Wednesday evening though, I was having semi-regular contractions for about three hours and then they eased off.  Late last night, I was having period-like cramps that continued on through this morning.  And at our appointment this morning, we were 1 cm. dilated, 50% effaced, and cervix was soft!  Also, since we're past our due date now, they hooked us up to the monitor for 20 minutes to see how miss Brooklyn was doing.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE listening to her little heartbeat!  Plus, in those 20 minutes, the monitor recorded four contractions!  I'm not going to lie, I'm a little impatient that we're now past our due date, but it's so exciting to be seeing progress!  I can't wait to meet this little peanut and, one way or another, it won't be long now!  If she hasn't come on her own by our appointment next Wednesday, we'll be talking induction!  Fingers crossed for this weekend!  =]

No comments:

Post a Comment