Monday, November 22, 2010

"Stick"

Yep!  We've hit the four-week mark and "Stick" (as we've started to call him/her) is living up to her name and still hanging in there!  As far as symptoms go today, I couldn't eat anything this morning because I knew it wouldn't stay down if I tried.  So I just waited it out and by lunch time I was able to eat with the kiddos at work.  I totally pigged out at supper though.  I'd been craving pizza all day so I ordered in from Dominos and ate WAY too much.  I still have the stretching/heavy feeling in my uterus, which I take to mean is a good thing!  Boobs are still itchy and sore, but I think I've grown a little more accustomed to them so I don't notice them quite as much.  Still burping ALL THE TIME.  Which, as I understand it, indicates that Stick is going to have a full head of hair when s/he makes an appearance?  Oh, and I don't even think I could count as high as how many times I've peed today!  I suppose I'd better just used to that though since, according to my research, that's one of the things that happens at multiple points in the pregnancy. =]

I don't want to sit on my butt and be a lump for the next nine months, so I opted to invest in a prenatal workout video.  Used from Amazon means a whopping $8 w/shipping for a prenatal yoga video.

I'm excited for it to arrive in a week or so so I can start working out again (especially since I ate that pizza)!  Up until I got my + on that first HPT, I used to do Tae Bo off and on, but I'm guessing that's probably a bit too high impact for baby.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I still wasn't at my goal weight.  Over the summer, through diet and exercise, I managed to lose 20 pounds and I've just kind of plateaued since then.  So my pre-pregnancy weight was 205.  Not a prime weight by any means, but still a few thousand pounds lighter than a beluga whale!  In other words, am I in the best shape of my life kicking off this pregnancy?  No. But I don't look like this either:


I'm going to do my absolute best to make sure that Stick gets all the proper nutrition that s/he needs during these next 36 weeks though, and hopefully, I won't look quite like the picture above when it's all over. =] My plan is to post weekly belly pics to document the progress of Stick's growth (you can continue to compare me to the beluga whale if you'd like . . . warn me if the pictures start looking too similar!).  And, since today marks four weeks, I will be posting one today.  Obviously, you can't really see anything (besides the pizza!), but it works as a good starting point to gauge to later on. =] You'll have to check back in a few hours to see it though, because I'm going to give that pizza a chance to digest before I humiliate myself too badly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment